Feb 4, 2012

Cherry skirt update

I've hit a wall.
I just realized that I don't have a black zipper or enough interfacing to continue. Shall have to make a trip to spotlight tomorrow!!

As you can see in the photo it's got more shape than my first pencil skirt.
The larger and longer darts are working a treat.
Just tried it on all pinned (darts are sewed) and it sits wonderfully but as I feared it is slightly too short for my liking. I need things to my knees or close too or I feel nakey.
Just have to make a choice between more cherry print at the bottom or maybe just a plain black cotton...I'll ponder on it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I love the fabric for this skirt! Cant wait to see it when its finished! Looks like it will be hot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm loving this fabric! May I ask where you got it from?

    The skirts looking fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was from spotlight or lincraft (fair sure it was lincraft the more I think about it) was only about $9 a metre and it's a medium weight cotton :)

      Delete
  3. Yay my first comment, thankyou!!!

    ReplyDelete