Feb 7, 2012

The Walkaway Dress

I think everyone has a sewing blog has made at least one blog dedicated to this dress.
It's retro Butterick (1952 first release) B4790.

Now I'm intrigued by the apparent easiness of this dress, as I've need made a dress from a pattern.
But.
I've seen alot of photos of this dress made up and it can look terrible, absolutely terrible.

I find the neckline pretty terrible, like a hospital gown. I'd love to to be able to change it but I don't think I'll attempt to on my first try.

I've decided to make the crinoline I've found on the following website and also follow the sewalong they had for it. Just to be on the safe side and I feel that the little crinoline on each side will add some shape to the dress.

http://www.edelweisspatterns.com/blog/?p=850

Plus I also feel that this woman actually got this dress looking perfect.
Hopefully my big bust won't ruin the lines of the dress too much :/

Now! To figure out what pattern/colour of fabric to use...

No comments:

Post a Comment